On My Own of Michigan is a member-centered nonprofit organization that was founded in 1997 by a group of parents of young adults with developmental disabilities. In our twenty years of service to the Oakland County community, we’ve helped more than 100 individuals achieve and maintain a life of independence.
Our role (and mission) is to help make the transition to, and maintenance of, independent living a smoother journey for you and your family. We’re here to help you live the life of your dreams.
Our values and promise to you
When working with us, we promise to:
- serve as your one-stop shop for independent living support—if you have a question, we’ll find the answer for you,
- offer you peace of mind and be there when you need us, and
- connect you with peers and help you build long-lasting friendships.
As we do this work, we want you to feel like:
- you matter to us,
- we’re a trusted partner,
- you’re making a good investment, and
- you’re working with experts.